Quick & Delicious Vegan Recipe of the Week – Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
In case all of you have not known, Harvey Prince proudly produces vegan products that are eco-friendly and are cruelty free! In keeping with our partnership with PETA, and our love for all things delicious, we wanted to come up with some fun and simple vegan recipes that are so tasty, you won’t miss the meat and dairy products!
Today we’re going to be making a fun and delicious breakfast favorite– cinnamon apple oatmeal (just in time for Fall)! If you’ve been dying to take your cinnamon obsession to the next level, but haven’t been sure of what delicious treat to make, then this meal is perfect for you! Here are the ingredients that you’ll need to create your culinary masterpiece:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of shredded oats
- 1/3 cup of almond milk or coconut milk creamer
- 1/2 table spoon of cinnamon
- 1 diced apple of your preference
- 1 tablespoon of maple sugar
- 1 handful of chopped pecans (optional)
In a sauce pan, pour about 2 cups of water on medium high heat until the water boils. Once it reaches its boiling point, pour about one cup of the shredded oats in the sauce pan and reduce down until the oats have totally cooked through. Once your oats have cooked, you can transfer them to a bowl and allow them to cool down. Here’s a fun fact about shredded oats, in case you’re skeptical about using them:
- Shredded oats break down faster in your body, which allows you to not only digest more easily but absorb the nutrients of the grains faster as well!
Cut your apple into small bite size pieces and place them in the same sauce pan you used for your oats to reduce the cleanup. Under medium heat, slowly incorporate about 1/3 of a cup of almond milk or coconut milk creamer to your apples so that they can reduce down and get softer.
- As an alternate to almond milk or coconut milk creamer, you can use a vanilla-based almond milk or coconut milk to get the desired sweetness and effect.
While your apples are simmering, add in about a table spoon of maple sugar to your apples to sweeten them as their natural juices are released. At the same time, you can also add in the half a tablespoon of cinnamon to brown those apples and make your kitchen smell like heaven. (You’re welcome!) Once your apples have visibly softened and have become much more transparent, you are ready to add them on top of your oats!
- Don’t be afraid to get a little messy if there is still liquid mixed in with the apples. The liquid will only ensure that the oats absorb all of that cinnamon apple deliciousness that you have created!
And voila! Feel free to take your breakfast game to the next level by adding a handful of your favorite toasted pecans as a delicious garnish for your oatmeal. Your breakfast will be tasty and gorgeous, with a minimal amount of clean up! As we said before, you’re welcome!! Happy creating!
For more tips on the best healthy vegan recipes that you haven’t yet tried, stayed tuned to our weekly updates on Harvey Prince for healthy and delicious recipes that are affordable at any budget!